Teaching on Pebble Road - Chapter 2

|

Can Never Go Back
Author: Jason Ray France


I laid awake on the stiff mattress in my hotel room that night. The song, My Eyes Adored You by Frankie Valli was going through my mind-”My eyes adored you, though I never laid a hand on you, my eyes adored you.” It was one of my favorites, because it reminded me of one of my fondest memories. Kate had allowed me the honor of carrying her books home from school one day when we were in the eighth grade. That experience had always stayed fresh in mind, because it was so special to me. I literally thought that I just might float away. I remember being so distracted by her hair, her eyes, and well…just every part of her, that I could hardly keep my eyes on where I was going. She smelled so pretty too-so fresh and clean. It was like a cross between strawberries and springtime. I missed those days of innocence.

I had just about dozed off to sleep, while beginning to dream about her, when I heard a soft knock at the door. I bolted up in the bed. I would have thought that it was Toby, but he never did anything softly. I jumped out of bed and headed for the peep hole.

Read More…


More from this author: Jason Ray France

Sage Apprentice: One Man’s Quest For Truth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Up And Becoming | Template Blue by TNB